01 June 2011
Nokia had recently announced that they will be using Yahoo as a backend for Mail and chat and now the transisition has offically over.The changes include
- Social Infusion: instantly respond to messages from Facebook, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Mail and other webmail providers with a new easy reply bar; share updates more easily with a new “updates” tab.
- IM from the web for the first time with Ovi Chat: now you can chat with Ovi Chat and Yahoo! Messenger friends who are online while checking and sending email .
- Improved contacts management: when composing an IM, SMS or email, your most frequent contacts are suggested and it’s easier than ever to start the conversation.
- A customized interface lets you choose from 50 vibrant themes and stationery options to express your personality.
- New, easy-to-use applications help you more easily track online orders, remove yourself from unwanted newsletters, and send large files quickly and easily.
- Better Mail search lets you easily navigate, sort and narrow the search results by sender, attachment file, date, or folder location.
- Advanced SpamGuard technology and a new anti-phishing platform protects users from email hackers and unwanted instant message conversations.