23 December 2010
With the release of Ovi Maps 3.06 nokia has added offline maps to s60v5 and symbian^3 devices.This allows you to use ovi maps without having to worry about data charges.
- Download Ovisuite from here and install it.
- Download ovimaps 3.06 beta from here
- Install it on your computer and select maps
- You will be asked ovisuite or ovi maps online
- For the first time use ovimaps online.
- Now exit the application and connect your phone to ovisuite
- Be sure you have an active internet connection
- select maps on ovisuite
- The list of maps will be shown and you can select which location you want to use
- also download the voice guidence
- after the both have been downloaded open ovimaps to goto settings->internet->connection
- select offline
- Now your phone will use data only when searching for new places(just searching) or syncing favourites,checking weather.
- Note some countries maps will be of very large files be sure to select memory card for installing the maps