02 October 2010
Image by digitpedia via FlickrThe nokia 5230 has around 80mb phone memory of which 20mb will be already used.The memory doesn’t take long to fill up and you can get all sorts of problems like phone get’s slowdown or you can’t install an application from ovi store.Here are a couple of tricks that i found will be useful to free up your phone memory.
- Clear the web browser cache to release memory used by the cache (in web browser, select Options > Clear privacy data > Cache).
- If you have your own files stored in C: Phone memory, move them to E: Mass memory with File Manager application (to start File Manager, select Menu > Applications > Office > File mgr.).
- Check that the captured photos are not stored in phone memory (in Camera application, check Options > Settings > Memory in use).
- With File Manager application, check that there are no photos and music files stored in C: Phone memory.
- If you have applications installed in phone memory, remove the applications that are not needed, or move them to mass memory by removing and reinstalling the application (select Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps. to check and uninstall the applications).
- With File Manager, check the folder Video clips in C: Phone memory and move the videos to E: Mass memory (e.g. home_screen.mp4 if it is there).
- If still low on the phone memory, change the messaging memory from C: Phone memory to E: Mass memory in Menu > Messaging > Options > Settings > Other > Memory in use. (Note that the messaging memory will switch back to C: Phone memory and you need to set this again if you connect the device to PC in Mass storage mode).
- The calendar entries, contacts and notes reside in the phone memory. Remove the objects which are not needed.
- If using Nokia Messaging email client (Nokia Email) and if there are a lot of messages in your mailbox, select that Headers only or Headers plus are by default downloaded to your device (to control the email download size, select in Nokia Messaging client Options > Tools > Settings > What to sync > Inbox > Email download size).